Do you love retro style? Well look no further than Bettie Page clothing! Designed with the 1950’s Bettie Page in mind, Tatyana Khomyakova and Jan Glaser have brought that to life. Here’s an interview with both of them to discuss their opinion on style.
1. How would you describe Bettie Page style?
Retro inspired with a modern twist. All of the designs are motivated by the golden age of women’s fashions – the late 1940s and 1059s.
2. Who are your top 3 favorite designers?
I love Betsy Johnson, Channel and Louis Vuitton.
3. What article of clothing in your closet makes you feel on top of the world?
The Captain Dress. And I’m not alone – we’ve sold over 10,000!
4. If I were to enter your closet right now, what would I be surprised to see?
I accidentally purchased the same pair of shoes twice. So I suppose it would be surprising to notice that!
5. How does Russian style compare to LA style?
Russian style is really European Style. While Europe used to be outrageous and flamboyant, now it seems to be harkening back to the classic designs celebrating femininity. LA not so much…
6. Jan Glaser – what sealed the deal for you to work with Tatyana to bring Bettie Page clothing to life?
I’m married to the designer…
7. How much influence does the way you dress have on your personal brand?
I dress differently for different occasions. When I work, I usually wear jeans and a t shirt or turtleneck. I like to dress for comfort. When I’m out and about, I like to dress up.
8. Do you follow trends or make your own?
I never follow trends. I know what I like – somehow – and do my best to capture that ideal in a garment.
9. In your opinion, what is the future of fashion?
That is a great unknown. I do know that fashion follows society – or sometimes leads society. So if one knew where social mores and practices were headed, one would also have a sense of where fashion is moving.
10. What would you never be caught wearing as long as you live?
One of my competitors dresses. Even after I’m gone…
11. What fashion advice would you share with the world?
Wear what makes you happy. Don’t pay attention to trends…
12. Is the 1950’s fashion the new black?
Not yet. But from the perspective of my worldview, more and more people are coming to realize the 1950s were the golden age of designers for a reason…
13. What makes the Bettie Paige Clothing store unique from all others?
Our heart and soul. We love what we do.
About Bettie Paige Clothing
Famous in the 1950s for her fetish modeling and pin-up photos, the iconic “Queen of Pinups”— one of Playboy Magazine’s first “Playmates of the Month” — Bettie Page continues to captivate millions of men and women around the world with her youthful, sexy image and signature jet black hair, blue eyes and short-cut bangs. That’s where Bettie Page Clothing comes in.