Today is the one year anniversary of starting The Style Goddess blog. It is also the day I packed up all my belongings and moved to LA. It’s been a great year filled with adventure, growth and new connections! I came here with the intent of doing something in the fashion world, and I thought it was to be a stylist. That quickly changed and I was able to try my hat at other fashion outlets, such as inside sales, wardrobe pulls, event assistance and celebrity management. One thing I learned is that there is a lot of different things I enjoy so why not do all of them?
The Style Goddess became my voice in the industry and I started to do event coverage and expand into interviews on style, video blogging and beauty reviews. That inspired me to join Examiner.com, where I was granted the title of LA Women’s Fashion & Style writer. It’s a great honor and it opens my writing to another audience. So what are my goals for the upcoming year?
1. Start a monthly column – I am currently developing a monthly column with a friend which will be an exciting collaboration!
2. Giveaways – At least once a month I will deliver worthy giveaways that you don’t want to miss!
3. Video Interviews – More interviews face to face live. Taking it to a new level!
4. Increased Blog Posting – Starting in September, expect to see at least 3 postings a week!
5. Exclusive event invites – I’ve been invited to awesome fashion events and I want to share the invites with you if the opportunity arises!
6. Contests – Let’s see some creativity in the fashion world. A one-0f-a-kind contest is under development!
7. Production – With my event planning background, I’ve decided to put it to good use and create a one-of-a-kind Style Goddess event.
As I reflect on the past year, I am proud of my accomplishments, new friends and loyal readers of my blog. I strive to bring you the best of the fashion world in my eyes and keep you coming back! Thanks to everyone who has contributed to my success thus far and never stop reaching for your dreams!