When I first moved out to LA, I was looking for modeling opportunities for exposure. I responded to an ad for a photo shoot of a clothing line and that’s where I met designer Orenthal (Orencio) Goff. Unique in his style, design and outlook on life, I helped bring to life O’Peepers Couture– skirts with a twist. Not only is he a designer, but he sings, dances and who knows what else? Read on to learn more about this man-on-the-move.
1. How would you describe your clothing line? O’Peepers Couture – cutting edge, one of a kind, and universal.
2. Who are your top 3 favorite designers? Alexander McQueen, Roberto Cavalli and Halston.
3. What article of clothing in your closet makes you feel on top of the world? Jacket from Lourdes for $1800. Just says everything and I get compliments every time.
4. If I were to enter your closet right now, what would I be surprised to see? Not that many clothes – did a Brad Pitt post Jennifer.
5. How much influence does the way you dress have on your personal brand? None at all.
6. Do you follow trends or make your own? Break my own.
Me wearing one of the O’Peepers skirts
7. How does Indianapolis style compare to LA style? Indy is style in the making.
8. In your opinion, what is the future of fashion? Individuality.
9. What would you never be caught wearing as long as you live? Hammer pants.
10. What is your favorite clothing store in LA? Sashi B.
11. What fashion advice would you share with the world? Be yourself, express yourself.
12. What do you think is the new black? Spirituality and individuality.
13. What makes your clothing line unique from all others? It’s designed, cut and sewn by me.
14. As a musician, artist and designer, is your style different for each one? All incorporate a bit of my own style, it’s all me.
About Orenthal Goff
Orenthal Goff was born in Indianapolis, Indiana on September 8, early one autumn morning. He has been entertaining for most of his life young life. He moved to Los Angeles at the tender age of seventeen alone with sixty dollars and two suitcases quickly finding work in the film industry and singing demos for fun. Fun lead to work as the demo’s turned into records for different producers. Writing hooks and melodies is something that flows like water from him. Playing the guitar is his new found baby. Music and singing has always been a huge part of his life being raised in the church next to his Grandmother Virginia and having his ear tuned in to Casey Kasem Top Forty lead him to the world of pop music.
Training with San Francisco’s Razz Kennedy introduced a new sound to his already tenor soulful voice. Indiana gave him the musical roots of The Police, Diana Ross, Patti Labelle, Kiss, Duran Duran, Natalie Cole, Madonna, Janet and Michael Jackson and many others. California gave him the musical roots of Oingo Biongo, The Cure, Niki Haris, Kenny Chesney, Yazz, Mazzy Star, Lenny Kravitz, Bork, Kinky and the list goes on. His recognizable face as been the spokesman for Miller Genuine Draft, Lens Crafters Eye Wear and MTV to mention a few. His passion for performing has lead him to some of L A’s most known stages. His art for giving dance tracks a certain flavor has allowed him to record with a slew of talented producers. “Arena” is where he made his debut singing an original house track with DJ Fabian and a troop of dancers. This is where his fans begin to take notice and from there it’s been a whirlwind of creativity, music, spirituality, sexuality, and Self Love. Out of the ashes rises “The Rooster” ready to waken the world from sleeping!
For more information, check out his website http://orenthalgoff.com/