I attended the Leicht grand opening party in West Hollywood on 5-15-14 and opted for a colorful artsy look. I love this green ruffle top I wore, as it was a random find at a consignment shop in Manhattan Beach. 100% silk, I feel like I could shake my way into anything! I paired it with pearl chandelier earrings, rainbow wedge sandals from DSW, and dark denim jeans.
Posts tagged ‘DSW’
As I turn a year older this upcoming Sunday, I realize I’ve made some fashion changes, but I’m still sticking to wearing color 365 days of the year! Many things can evolve over a year, so here is what I’ve noticed:
1. Neutral Zone – Neutral colors are popping up in my wardrobe more. I’m buying more whites and grays. I have colorful shoes, bags and accessories to spice up those looks, so I was already forming visions in my head when I saw and bought this Karen Millen dress! Speaking of shoes, I now have a pair of nude color shoes from Cole Haan. I never thought I would wear that hue since I’m brown already, but the key is finding the right nude tone for your skin. Might I add that Cole Haan shoes are very comfortable when mixed with the Nike Air technology for softness?
2. Online Shopping – When you find something in the store that you love but your size isn’t available, check online and you might even get it for a better deal! I fell in love with a pair of Ann Taylor slim fit jeans and once I went online, the 4th of July sale was in full gear and I ordered them at a low price! Also, I love websites that allow you to order what you want and pickup in store – thank you Sears! You take a chance when you order something online and you’re unsure what the sizing is like, but Asos was a hit when I found a dress that fit me perfectly!
3. Animal Fever – I thought I was done with animal print, but somehow a leopard and tiger print dress have made their way into my closet.
4. Long Live Dresses – I have over 30 dresses, and that will continue to increase. If I ever start a clothing line, that’s all I’m going to make. LA weather is perfect for dresses all year round!
5. Hold Out – I’ve been searching for that pair of bright yellow jeans for over a year now and finally Ann Taylor came to my rescue. I’ve tried on many and they just weren’t right. I held out and got exactly what I wanted. Do not settle for an item that may be similar to what you want, hold out and you will find it! Now if I could just find a sexy pair of black strappy platform shoes I would be a happy camper – can this two year search end now please?
6. Accessorize Me – Belts are a great accessory to add a pop of color around the waist or make something plain a bit more fun. I purchased a thin neon pink bow belt that looks great with jeans, shorts or a dress. Can’t wait to wear it! I’m not a big hat wearer, but I couldn’t pass up on this adorable hat with all my fave colors.
7. The Kid in Me – Everybody knows I love rabbits. I saw a girl wearing the cutest rabbit shirt and I had to have it! I tracked it down at Bloomingdales and ordered it to-go. WildFox is a brand that I now have my eye on, since they made my day! I have three pairs of koosh ball earrings because I think they are so fun to wear and I also have a pair of studded lip earrings. Hey, as long as I can get away with it, why not?
8. If The Shoe Doesn’t Fit – Long gone are the days when I used to squeeze my foot into a size 9 shoe that I loved because there was no size 10. I prefer comfort over style nowadays, so if that shoe doesn’t fit, I’m not wearing it! That also goes for any clothing – if it isn’t easy to put on, take off, or if I’m fighting to try and get in it, then it isn’t meant to be. Let go and let flow.
I’m curious as to what I will be into next, but I love that I am open and embracing new things. Do you resonate with any of these things? What styles changes have you made or noticed over the course of a year? Share below!