Lips. They’re a part of our body that may be neglected when it comes to moisturizing. But now, it’s time to listen up and pay more attention to that pucker!
According to a national poll about one’s morning ritual released by Blistex, only half the women surveyed use lip balm to protect their lips from dryness and sun damage. Just like all our other body parts, our lips need to stay healthy and moisturized. I had the opportunity to sit down with International beauty consultant Mickey Williams to learn more about the Blistex line and the must haves for the fall:
Revive and Restore
Revive and Restore © Blistex
In stores everywhere in October, I got a sneak peek at the newest product from Blistex called Revive and Restore. Two separate jars full of fruity goodness that can be nested together with a twist, Revive is perfect for the day leaving your lips invigorated and refreshed with key ingredients like shea butter and SPF15. Restore, loaded with Vitamin E can be used in the evening to rejuvenate your lips and soften any dullness from the day. I’ve used it at night and it’s nice to wake up with lips ready for a kiss! Another great thing is that you can carry these jars as a set or keep one in your purse and the other at home for the second shift. Either way this product has makes you want to apply it all the time!
Cold and Allergy Lip Soother
Cold & Allergy Lip Soother © Blistex
There comes a time when you get a cold or the flu and one thing that can be affected is your lips which causes dryness and irritation. Blistex has created a clever product, the Cold and Allergy Lip Soother which will comfort your lips in your time of need. The lips can be an afterthought when you’re sick, but this soothing product has some key ingredients on defense:
- Pramoxine HCL – advanced analgesic that alleviates sensitivity to lip soreness, pain and itchiness, without a medicated flavor and scent.
- Dimethicone – delivers a highly effective barrier that prevents moisture loss and protects lips.
- Glycerin, lanolin and sunflower seed oil – help re-moisturize lips parched from the effects of illness or dry air.
- Vitamins C & E, chamomile, green tea, honey and elderberry – provide comfort to irritated lips.
Just in time for the fall season, the Cold and Allergy Lip Soother will also be available in October.
Now that I’ve given some lip service, head to your nearest drugstore next month for these fall lip essentials and also check out Blistex for their entire product line and lip tips!
BLISTEX CONTEST GIVEAWAY!
Start fall in style with lip essentials! Enter now for a chance to win the Blistex Fall Kit which includes Revive and Restore, Cold and Allergy Lip Soother, Silk & Shine, Deep Renewal and Lip Ointment!
- Follow @thegoddesstyle on Twitter or
- Like my fanpage on Facebook
- Leave a comment below about Blistex (or click on “Comments” in left hand column of post)
The contest ends on Friday, September 30 at 11:59PM PST and the winner will be notified shortly thereafter. Good luck!