After a couple of years of being invited to attend and not making it, I finally made it a goal to attend MAGIC in Las Vegas in February. Since there have been thoughts bubbling in my head about opening an online boutique, I thought this would be a great show to attend to check out brands for apparel, accessories and footwear. See my fave discoveries on Instagram.
If you are a first-timer attending MAGIC or going to Vegas, here are some tips:
1. Taxi cab rides are EXPENSIVE, even if it’s a 15 minute drive. Catch the Monorail which is way cheaper to get you around ($5 one way).
2. If you’re staying at the Tropicana, Excalibur, New York New York or MGM, you can take the tram from Excalibur to Mandalay Bay and walk through the hotel to get to the Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
3. If you want to get to the Las Vegas Convention Center and the shuttles have ended the morning drop-offs, you can take a shuttle from Mandalay Bay to the LVCC, which runs throughout the day.
4. Both convention centers have HUGE exhibit floors that you do need 4 days if you want to see everything. Think big and triple that. I was overwhelmed by how big it was.
5. Take note of brands you like by starring them in the exhibitor book so you can refer to them later.
6. Brings lots of business cards.
7. Take advantage of the airport shuttle if you are leaving on the last day – it was a nice service to have!
8. Hotels for Vegas are just for sleeping in. You don’t have to stay at Bellagio to go to this event. Bally’s will do just fine (and the Bellagio will be right across the street)
Overall, it was definitely an experience to remember!