The next big thing to hit the shoe world just launched in February 2011 – a fashionable, foldable flat for the girl on the go. There is a flat for all types, even a wedding collection! On a sunny afternoon in downtown LA, I met with Natashia Tomek, designer of TASH FOLDS (@TASHLIMITED) to learn more about her new line. Not only does she have a true sense of style when it comes to foldable flats, but she’s also tapped into industry where she can hold her own and hit the ground running.
1. How would you describe TASH FOLDS?
It’s the girl on the go who has an active lifestyle. She’s running out of meetings, hopping into a cab, and putting on Tash Folds.
2. Who is the target market?
16-35 year olds, but it has ventured way past that since 40 is the new 20!
3. How did you come up with the collection?
I went to the UK and saw roll shoes. I saw them not as chic, so I thought, “what if I put some fashion into the shoes?” I had a dream about folds and then I pitched it to investors.
4. What is the inspiration behind the different styles of Tash Folds?
Trends, animal prints, florals and friends. I also think about what I would love to wear.
5. Who are your top 3 shoe designers?
6. What shoes in your closet makes you feel on top of the world?
Office =TOMS shoes, Going out = Basic black heels
7. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Over 100. I’m a compulsive shopper.
8. Which flats are your bestsellers?
9. Which celebrity would you love to see wearing TASH FOLDS?
10. In your opinion, what is the future of fashion?
Fashion changes constantly. Not sure where it’s going, but I do look at articles to see where forecasting is and what is currently in season.
11. What fashion advice would you share with the world?
Have passion behind what you do, whatever it is! I will continue to succeed as long as I do what I love!
12. How are your flats unique to brands already on the market?
Foldable, fashionable and easy to slip into your purse. My flats are more stylish, convenient and have strong rubber sole.
For more information, go to http://tashlimited.com